Friday, September 26, 2008

Something to think about over the weekend.

I know it's been a while since I blessed the web. But I recently learned something interesting. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been asking themselves this question. Is Ben & Jerry's really going to use human breast milk in their ice cream?

I'm a huge fan of ice cream, especially Ben & Jerry's. My love affair with Cherry Garcia has been going almost 10 years strong. But we'll finally hit a rough patch if PETA has their way. The animal rights activists PETA wants Ben & Jerry's to start using nursing moms milk rather than cow milk for their ice cream.

PETA is thinking about the humane treatment for cows, but what about mothers? And just how would Ben & Jerry's get this milk from nursing moms? This is a little to weird for me.

While Ben & Jerry's applauded PETA for bringing attention to this issue, I don't think they'll be using breast milk for their ice cream any time soon.

Thanks to PETA I think I'll lay off of the ice cream for now.

No comments: