Thursday, October 23, 2008

Coffee does what?!

As I was quickly looking through the NY Post this morning I came across this: new research has suggested that drinking more than three cups of coffee a day shrinks women’s breasts.

My first thought was Dios mio, no puede ser, what is going to happen to me I drink so much coffee I might as well be hooked up to an IV. But then I started thinking of everyone else that drank as much coffee as I did and I don't see the correlation.

But, Sweden’s Lunds University surveyed around 300 women and discovered a link between coffee and smaller breasts. Helena Jernstroem, a lecturer in experimental oncology at the University says “Coffee-drinking women do not have to worry their breasts will shrink to nothing overnight. They will get smaller, but the breasts aren’t just going to disappear.” I don't know about this study, but maybe I should lay off the coffee just in case. On the plus side, regular caffeine intake is said to reduce the risk of breast cancer.

Apparently, drinking too much coffee has the opposite effect on men, turning pecks into man boobs.

No comments: