Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pedicure Alternativa

All the ladies out there know how hard it is to get a good pedicure. Well, this morning there was a segment on the 4th hour of the Today Show where the ladies tried out a new pedicure in which you dip your feet in a tank and little fish, known as garra rufa or carp, nibble off the scaly dead skin on your feet. The fish don't have teeth, so they don't bite. I know, it sounds icky and it looks even more gross, but apparently it works.

It seems like a good alternative to scrubbing and butchering your feet with the razor. From what I gather, everyone gets a separate tank and they have to change the water after each session. Don't know if I'd want to do this all the time, but I would certainly want to try it.

I need everyone to see how this works, so here is a clip from The Today Show.

Try a fish pedicure!
Try a fish pedicure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would try it, it better than having someone go down there and maybe bringing out the electric sander...