Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Final Day of Toy Fair 2009

Today was the last day at Toy Fair 2009, and I'm tired! I also have a horrible cold.
Hightlights for Toy Fair 2009
Brands that had a birthday:
  • SpongeBob Square Pants (JAKKS Pacific, Lego) 10 year anniversary
    The Simpson's (USAopoly, Mattel) 20 year anniversary
  • Super Soaker (Hasbro) 20 year anniversary
  • Transformers (Hasbro) 25 year anniversary
  • Hello Kitty (JAKKS Pacific) 35 year anniversary
  • Barbie (Mattel) 50 year anniversary

Toy trends to watch this year:

  • Exercise, Fun, and healthy kids
  • Eco friendly toys
  • Entertainment licenses like Hannah Montana, X-Men, Transformers, and Twilight
  • Economy and value of play
I wish I would've had more time to actually tour the booths and see all the toys, but there just wasn't enough time for me.

Here are a couple of pics from Toy Fair.

No comments: