Thursday, February 19, 2009

What is going on?

I'll keep it short, I'm late to work (as ususal). Just had to comment on the the New York Post cartoon that is causing quite the uproar.

The cartoon is in poor taste, period. It's not particularly funny, at least not to me. I understand it's commenting on current events -- the current chimp attack and the economy/stimulus plan. But one is left to wonder if that's just the excuse to publish something that is racist.

I try to be very objective when it comes to things like this, but I just don't see how this is not inappropriate. Now, the New York Post is not the greatest source of news, but enough people read the paper me included. But I really do think this is irresponsible journalism -- what kind of message are they sending out?

No comments: