Friday, June 20, 2008

All in the name of music.

Dios mio, I always say the same thing everytime I do this. But I think I mean it this time, I'm never going back to Brooklyn!!!!!

Boys and girls if you can believe it I went out Thursday night, on a weekday (I payed for it the following morning but who cares). I went with a friend to Studio B to see a band by the name of Crystal Castles.

First we got lost going to the place, then we really got lost coming home. I hate getting lost in Brooklyn; I really don't like to let on that I'm lost and I hate how the streets are not in a logical progression like on my beautiful island of Manhattan.

Anyway, back to Crystal Castles. I had never heard of them until Thursday, but I'm glad I went because it was a good surprise. Their sound is electro-dance music heavy on synthesizer type sounds with a little rock feel. They really amped up the crowd. I've had my fair share of mosh pit days, but people were going nuts for them. I was in the front of the stage, but not for long, once my glasses flew off my face I knew it was time to go off to the side. Sadly that was the best pic I could get under the circumstances.

I'd like to give you some background info (courtesy of Wikipedia) on Crystal Castles because I think they are worth taking a good listen to (you could go on myspace and look them up to listen to their songs). Crystal Castles is a Toronto based band, consisting of multi-instrumentalist Ethan Kath and vocalist Alice Glass. Crystal Castles formed in December 2003 as a project started by Ethan Kath. In April 2005, Alice Glass recorded vocals for five original instrumentals by Kath. The band's first single was recorded "accidentally" and released through MySpace. The rest in history (in progress). Just as an aside, so incredibly interesting how MySpace has become this great tool to get your name out there be it music, fashion, or any business for that matter.

I definitely would like to see and hear more from Crystal Castles. Too bad I can't say the same for Brooklyn.

No comments: